Saturday, July 23, 2011

5.23.11-5.29.11: End of school year, long weekend

This week marked the end of of Bray's 1st year of preschool! Its been such a fantastic experience for him!! We had no idea, having never been through this, what to expect. I would say both of us were very pleased with his school and how much he learned and enjoyed it! It was sad to see the year already at an end, but I would say that I will be relieved to have a 3 month break from having to haul multiple children to and from preschool 2 days a week, that in itself, is quite the job itself! I am very thankful Chad would go in earlier on these days so he could pick up Bray, that helped me tremendously! We celebrated with his class at Challenger Park. It was a pretty windy and chilly day, but other than that it was great! We were suppose to go to Wray for Memorial Day weekend for Roxanne & Tyson's wedding and Chad's cousin's graduation, but Bryn and I ended up not feeling that great, so that was a huge bummer. By Monday, both of us were feeling much better and we had the day off, so we ventured to Colorado Springs to go the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and Garden of the Gods! I have been telling Chad i'd love to take the kids there, I hadn't been there in years and Chad had never been. I'm SO glad we did, I have to say, the zoo was better than I remembered it. If I had the choice to go to the Denver Zoo or CMZ, I would definetly choose Cheyenne Mountain, it is well worth the drive! I had never been to the Garden of the Gods, so on the way home we decided to check it out. OH MY, probably one of the best decisions ever!! I had saw pictures, but that just doesn't do it justice until you are actually there. SIMPLY AMAZING, one of my favorite spots in Colorado so far. Can't believe I've never been here. The kids LOVED it! Bray couldn't understand why he couldn't climb the rocks like the experts that were doing it, I think we have a rock climber on our hands! The biggest bummer of all was that all these pictures from today were lost :-(( Chad reassured me its ok, just an excuse to go back, he's right, we will be back, hopefully very soon!

0 comments: