Saturday, July 23, 2011

4.25.11-5.1.11: my birthday, Lily daycare welcome, scrapbook retreat

You know its going to be a great week when your birthday starts off the week! Chad had worked 60+ hours last week, so he sweetly (and more deservingly) took the day off with the kids and I. I decided to also take the day off from daycare as well! We had a fun day, we ended up going over to the mall around noon and walking around and then eating lunch in the food court. Afterwards, we went down the road to the movie theatre and saw Disney’s “African Cats”, cute! After the movie, we met up with Shawn & Alissa and had dinner at the Rio! All in all a great birthday! The fun really began this weekend though when I got to escape everyday life and go on a scrapbook retreat down the road with my friend, Kirsten! I was certainly ready for a girls weekend after a very crazy week. Our neighbor is back from maternity leave, so I now have Miss Lily and Rocco full time now! On Thursday I had 7 kids, on Friday it was 8…simply insane and exhausting! The last few times I’ve came I haven’t been able to scrapbook. All my stuff is still in boxes from basement construction, so since I am so far behind on my blog, this has been my project both times! I really hope next time I come, I will actually be able to scrapbook, I’m itching to do it badly!! It is such a blast to get away, clear my mind and to have a break! We slept in until 9am this morning, uninterrupted sleep, I haven’t done that since we were here last November, it felt incredible!! Then to top it off, to walk down to have breakfast made for you, especially when you are the only cook…amazing!! There is a free happy hour each evening for a few hours as well, we take full advantage of that! We also have brought some of our own drinks and snacks, went to dinner and a Starbucks run! It has been a great weekend, I’m officially caught up and made my goal, it feels so good! To reward myself, I’m going to go get a chair massage in the next hour, I should feel like a million bucks here soon and sleep like a baby again! I’m so thankful to my Mom, who graciously was suppose to watch my kids last night and today. She ended up getting pretty sick, so Chad ended up taking over early this morning! Definetly something he really hasn’t done for that amount of time, so I’m sure he will be ready for me to be home tomorrow! What a perfect birthday gift, thanks Chad!!

0 comments: