Saturday, July 23, 2011

4.11.11-4.17.11: new hobby, Uncle Reece & nose waxing!





I’ve had this idea to attempt to make my first tutu for awhile now! I decided to finally put my knowledge to use and try it out! I made our new neighbor baby girl a Colorado Rockies colored tutu with a matching onesie, I thought it turned out pretty darn adorable!! I can’t wait to make B one now! I also made B some decorated flip flops for pictures this weekend, she absolutely adores them! Uncle Reece visited us this past weekend as well! Bryn and him had fun shooting hoops in the house, B’s becoming quite the little baller! He also got suckered into getting his nose waxed, he was a little nervous about it, but did good and was surprised as well! We ended up making a quick overnight and day trip to Wray on Saturday. Alissa, the kids and I went down Friday evening and the kids had their pictures taken by the fabulous Emily Kline in my grandparents backyard Saturday morning. I had seen her work and had been wanting to get the kids pictures taken since they haven’t had them done since they were 2 & 3, so it ended up being a perfect opportunity for me as we were down for a bridal shower that day as well! I wasn’t for sure how they’d turn out, B was being a little stinker, didn’t want to smile (no surprise) and then refused to wear her sweater towards the end. Bray did an amazing job with listening and doing what he was told. A few days later I got the pics from Emily and just broke out in tears as I watched them, she just blew me away, I was so amazed at her work, I can’t stop looking at them! I’m excited to get them printed and hung in our home!

0 comments: