Saturday, July 23, 2011

6.20.11-6.26.11: Dora & Diego storytime, kids dentist, Chad's 15 year reunion weekend






I was super excited on one of the many trips to the library, I noticed a flyer for a Dora & Diego storytime hour! I immediately got us signed up for it, since that is my kiddos favorite characters right now, i knew they'd love it. I figured they would have a few people dressed up as the characters and obviously tell a few stories and such...boy was i wrong! The kids were so hyped up to meet them, as Chad and I had played it up that they 'flew in from Mexico on an airplane today'. Well we got there, there was no sign of the characters, they started storytime, had a do-it-yourself yogurt parfait snack for the kids and a craft to make. While it was fun, i began to wonder if i had opened my mouth and assumed things..yep, sure did. There was no characters dressed up as Dora & Diego, boy did I feel like the worst mom in the world having to explain to 2 very disappointed kids that i misunderstood what this event was all about. They eventually got over it, but i definetly learned my lesson for next time. The kids had a checkup at the dentist this week, they both did awesome, and got a clean bill of dental health thank goodness! I better enjoy it now, i know that will always be the case. Chad and a few of his good friends, Ryan and Omar took off for an long, fun weekend in Wray celebrating their 15 years of high school. Hard to believe. I know they had a great trip, lots of golfing and catching up with classmates they haven't seen in awhile. Not a great turnout, but still nice to see the ones that did come!

0 comments: