Saturday, July 23, 2011

7.4.11-7.10.11: Independence Day, Grandpa Bert, Elitches, Jeff turns 40
















Well our holiday weekend started off not so great. We got news on the Saturday before the 4th that Chad's grandpa had passed away. We knew that eventually this would be happening, he had had a stroke not long ago and just seemed to get the best of him. We were blessed to be able to take a day and go down to see him before he passed away. Its been a rough year for Chad, he's lost 2 grandpa's and a cousin, so I'm hoping this is it for a long while. Its been rough on him, always hard to lose someone so close and have so many fond memories with. But, it is also comforting to know he's not suffering anymore and in heaven. I had hoped we could make it down to Wray for the 4th of July, but since we are going down at the end of the month for Wray Daze, we opted to stay put, not cheap to travel these days, gas is just insane. We celebrated the 4th at our neighbor's house, the Martinez's for a bbq. It was super, super hot but ended up being a beautiful, relaxing day! Towards dusk we headed over to meet Shawn and Alissa up on a hill near they house that they recently discovered to watch fireworks! It was a beautiful spot and an even more beautiful evening of fireworks, even Rozzum enjoyed them! Saturday was a busy, busy day for us. Alissa's company was having a big bbq/get together at Elitches and she was able to extend the invitation to us, how could we not pass on that?? Poor Chad had already offered to help a co-worker with his new home, so the kids and I, Aunt Brit and Shawn & Alissa had a blast at Elitchs, it was kids 1st time there, they had so much fun, next time we'll take Daddy! I think I've came to the conclusion that its much more fun to watch my kids partake in the rides than myself, after I puked over and over a few years back when Chad & I went there for our anniversary. My wild amusement days are over, but that's ok! That evening the kids stayed with their Aunt Brit and Chad and I went to Jeff Dankenbring's surprise 40th birthday bbq at their home. All in all, a fun day and week!

0 comments: