Wednesday, September 2, 2009

09.01.09


This past weekend, my cousin Morgan (also my goddaughter) was in a car accident. It happened very early Saturday morning as she was on her way to the school to hop on the bus to go to a volleyball scrimmage. She just turned 16 a few months ago and had just got her first car, so what a bummed. THANKFULLY though she is alive. It rolled 4 times and landed on its wheels. We all think she probably would of walked away with no injuries if the her drivers side door hadn't of opened and forced her legs out with it, causing 2 dislocated knees. They flew her to Children's after the accident, she's since then had a few surgeries and hopefully was going to be released today. She will have to come back up here towards the end of the month for 2 more surgeries and will be in a wheel chair for at least 2 months and they are saying probably not back to normal until at least February. She's hoping so as she's missing all her sports season, but holding out hope she'll get to play golf in the spring. It was good to see her as I don't get to see her much and the new hospital is absolutely amazing, I just hope we never have to be in there again with our kids. It was kind of ironic how we were visiting on the 2 year anniversary of Bray's surgery (which was at the old hospital downtown) This was all together much more easier to get to and just much more better all around!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

I am so sorry to hear about Morgan. My prayers are with her and her family. I hope that her recovery goes well.
Also, I can't believe she is 16!!!!
The last time I saw her she was just little at the coffee shop.

The Twiss Family: Chad, Jamie, Braylon, Brynley & Rozzum said...

I hear ya, Missy and I were just reminising how I use to ride with her all the time in the truck at a very young age and how I was always watching Morgan when she was a baby and now I have my own, it makes me feel so old, it just seems like yesterday she was a little one!